Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jeremy I will never forget you

A Letter to Jeremy Wainland 03/01/1973-07/06/2003 I will Never Forget You!!


There is not a minute that goes by that I don’t think about you. You were my friend, my advisor, my family, and sometimes even my psychologist. You really never know what you miss until it is gone. Gone from your phone calls, Gone from your dinners, Gone from your team, Gone from your family, Gone from your life. I look at myself and I can’t help but feel guilty. I feel like every time something good happens in my life it is at the expense of you, Jeremy. I always needed that nod from your face as approval. I yearn for that and ever since you have been gone it has not been the same. I miss you Jer. Time is supposed to heal all wounds or make me feel better over time. It has not. It has gotten worse. To think we have had many close calls including the time we went with Brad Burgess in that mustang when we were 15. It burnt to the ground and we made it out ok. I really never expected this as none of us did, but I cannot help but feel as if you are looking over me as so much good fortune has come to me after you passed. I know you had a hand in all of it. One day Jeremy, One day Jeremy. Happy Birthday Jer. Happy Birthday.

No comments: